It is currently Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:08 am

ULTRAFIRE BRC 18650 3000 mAH Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery

Check out our newest items and things to come.

Re: ULTRAFIRE BRC 18650 3000 mAH Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery

Postby ronw » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:12 am

Hi,
sorry, but I'm a little confused. Went to one of your outlets last night, they were out of the lavatube v2 but in passing we talked about the new battery, they said it would fit the old lavatube. So rather then chance a buy I thought I would ask A.B.

Thanks,
Ron
ronw
Volcano God

Postby Artist Boy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:41 am

the folks at the kiosk are wrong. I was told you can't even get the cap on the v1 model with the Ultrafire battery in it (from the bosses) But as I do not have one I do not know for sure. But I trust them to know what the battery fits in.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby JSmith926 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:35 pm

it is approx 1 - 2 mm longer in overall size from the 2000 mah that we currently are stocking in my store
Las Vegas location Manager
JSmith926
Las Vegas NV Manager

Postby snottyragsdale » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:51 pm

Out of curiosity I tried the ultrafire in my chrome and it does work, it's just that the end cap won't screw all the way in. I won't use it like this, as I'm afraid of dropping it and messing up the cap...but it can be done.
Professional trainer of meth addicted grizzly bears to GENTLY lick toddlers' faces...
snottyragsdale
Volcano God

Postby JSmith926 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:37 pm

snottyragsdale wrote:Out of curiosity I tried the ultrafire in my chrome and it does work, it's just that the end cap won't screw all the way in. I won't use it like this, as I'm afraid of dropping it and messing up the cap...but it can be done.

i just tested myself the other night and they do but i wouldn't out of fear of damaging the threads and or dropping it
Las Vegas location Manager
JSmith926
Las Vegas NV Manager

Postby Artist Boy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:58 pm

you can also damage the positive post up inside the device if you but a battery that is too big in the mod. that posts is soldered right to the board and if you put too much pressure on it it can break the solder joints and make the device not work. That is why in my instructions for the Chrome and v1 models I said to slide the battery in and not drop it in.

One of the main things to go wrong with the Chromes is that people drop their batts into the device and break the pin off the board making it cut in and out and turn off on them. it also causes power flow issues.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Webb » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:19 pm

How long these will last charging every night ?
Webb
Volcano Menehune

Postby l3aml3oo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:19 pm

hey just fyi for anyone with the lavatube v2. yes the ultrafire battery has a longer charge and all that good stuff but ive bought 2 and one was shorting out and the tube would jsut shut off. and on another note...they dont "burn" if you will as good as the original batteries. imo stick with the original batteries cuz they have been tested and work better than the ultrafire
l3aml3oo
Volcano Menehune

Postby diamond575 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:09 pm

I bought two and received them last Wednesday. They seem to work just fine. I cannot speak for the extended life, but to quantify such a thing would be difficult. No complaints here at all and they last for a while. I thought I would offer another person's experience....
diamond575
Volcano Menehune

Postby DantheMan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:55 pm

l3aml3oo wrote:hey just fyi for anyone with the lavatube v2. yes the ultrafire battery has a longer charge and all that good stuff but ive bought 2 and one was shorting out and the tube would jsut shut off. and on another note...they dont "burn" if you will as good as the original batteries. imo stick with the original batteries cuz they have been tested and work better than the ultrafire

Protected batteries are different then IMR's in both material and construction. I wont get into details but basically IMR's have a greater drain capacity then protected batteries, therefore they work better in variable voltage mods because they can put out more power which also results in shorter battery life. So you're actually right about them not "burning" as good, although it depends how high you set the voltage. Protected batteries are better for mechanical mods because obviously they have their own protection which the mod itself does not offer (thus the slight increase in length). Plus the better battery life is a bonus.

Either way I agree the IMR's are a better choice for the Lavatube. However that doesn't mean others wont like protected batteries as much as the IMR's.
DantheMan
Volcano Ali'i

PreviousNext

Return to New and Upcoming Products