It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:21 pm

Volcano Blue Foam Cartridges Flooding your atty? DIY

You might just find your answer here!

Volcano Blue Foam Cartridges Flooding your atty? DIY

Postby VaperAL » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:20 am

Ok, one thing I have noticed around here is alot of people having the same issues I did when it comes to flooding your atomizer using the premium blue foam catridges. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on, but here is a good method to help prevent flooding in the future. 8-)

Q. Why do they flood?
A. Most of the time during shipment the niccotine liquid is allowed to collect on top of the blue foam, due to the fact that the blue foam sinks too far down inside the cartridge. When this happens, you will notice that inside your cartridge it will appear there is just a bunch of liquid inside of it, or it will appear glassy with no blue foam in sight. This is not good. If you put your catridge on your atomizer this way, all the liquid will drain into the atomizer which will cause some severe flooding. In order to correct this, you will need to allow the liquid to drain back into the bottom of your cartridge, and re-position the blue foam back to the top of the cartridge.

Q.What will I need?
A. A pair of tweezers or a safety pin

The Process....

Start by removing the catridge cap that comes with your blue foam catridge. Then slowly put your cartridge (mouth side down) upright on a flat table to begin the surgery. If you look inside the cartridge and see what appears to be liquid buildup, which will appear glassy, with no blue foam in sight, this means that your blue foam has sunk to the bottom of the cartridge. you will need to reposition the blue foam and allow the excess liquid to drain back into the proper position in the cartridge. Think of it this way.... as of right now everything is the opposite of what it should be.

Take your pair of tweezers and GENTLY locate the blue foam inside the liquid mess. Once you have located the blue foam, SLOWLY and SLIGHTLY pull the foam up to the top of cartridge and reposition it. If you do this too fast, all the excess liquid will spill out and you will be very upset. you do not want this. Once you can again see the blue foam, allow all the excess liquid to drain back into position. Once you can clearly see the blue foam on top of the cartridge again, and it appears glassy or slushy, you are good to go! Try to keep the blue foam positioned JUST BELOW the top of the catridge. You do not want it sticking out or pushed to far down, as this will cause additional problems or allow more flooding.

Once your blue foam is clearly visible on top of the cartridge and appears slushy, and not too dry, you are good to go!

--Inserting the Cartridge on the Atomizer--

This is a slower process than your polyfill carts. You will need some patience (but not alot :lol: )

Start by inserting the cartridge HALF WAY allowing 10-20 seconds for the liquid to absorb onto the atomizer. Why do this? You are preventing liquid from being pushed out of the cartridge and causing annoying leaking.

After 10-20 seconds, you can fully insert the cartridge. Allow another 10-20 seconds before vaping.

For the first 5-10 draws, keep your e cigarette LEVEL, do not smoke with it pointing downward. This will allow juices to drain into your atomizer again and cause flooding. Keep in mind that blue foam used in these cartridges are very prone to flooding, this is a good thing though, because it allows great wicking. You just need to be patient and not use your e cigarette the wrong way.

After the initial 5-10 puffs you can vape any way you want!

HAPPY VAPING!!!
Alex in Omaha, Nebraska. Vape on!
VaperAL
Volcano God

Re: Volcano Blue Foam Cartridges Flooding your atty? DIY

Postby geekdgirl » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:56 am

Alex,

I noticed this post somewhere else..it's a nice tutorial and makes a lot of sense given the size of the blue foam...I hadn't even thought about it shifting during shipping but it would have that potential given the fact that it's a plug and not a full filler...nice work!!
"Cool post and you are pretty. Nice avatar. :mrgreen: Just ignore me, I'm not a cougar, just taken my pain meds before bed and I think they are kicking in."~Mary23
geekdgirl
Inferno Legend

Postby VaperAL » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:00 am

it works pretty well for me, im not sure if its due to shipping, but i do notice that the foam does slide to the bottom of the carts alot, and i have been pretty bored today :D
Alex in Omaha, Nebraska. Vape on!
VaperAL
Volcano God

Postby ~Mary23 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:01 am

This is excellent! Very well thought out and easy to follow step-by-step. Kudos! :thumbup:
"There are two sides to reality. There is what is, and there is what people believe.
Seldom are they exactly the same."
-L.E. Modesitt, Jr.
~Mary23
Volcano Legend

Postby Artist Boy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:04 am

Very nicely done. I am sure this will help out, a lot of people.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Return to Tutorials and Helpful Videos