It is currently Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Volcano Writing Contest

Contests that come and go really quick.

Volcano Writing Contest

Postby Pyroclastic Ash » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:26 am

This will be the first of many Volcano Quick Contests.
Quick Contests won't last very long, as the first X amount of people to submit, will win the prizes.

Volcano Writing Contest Rules

Be a registered member on the Volcano Forums

Write an essay about how Electronic Cigarettes have changed your life.

Make it at least 200 words

The first seven entries, that meet the requirements above will win a Volcano Pass Through!

Good luck, and we look forward to reading the entries.
Pyroclastic Ash
Volcano Legend

Re: Volcano Writing Contest

Postby Jazzie » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:11 am

How Volcano Has Changed My Life.

Where do I begin…as a smoker of 35 years, I had developed asthma 15 years ago. In addition, I was told that I probably have COPD.

I have tried many times over the last 27 years, to quit smoking. First there was Cold Turkey. That didn’t work for me. The next was the nicotine patch…That made me break out at the patch site. Then there have been many tries with nicotine gum, nicotine inhaler, I have twice tried Accupuncture, Hypnotism and various anti-anxiety solutions. Lastly I have tried Chantix, but found the second time I tried to take it that I could not tolerate all of the terrible side effects.

At my cousin’s suggestion, I took a look at Volcano. I read the forum, researched other e-cigs, and studied everything I could over a few days, only to find the most satisfactory results seemed to be with the Volcano brand.

I eagerly ordered my starter kit…I even upgraded and added additional products before I had received the first order. On December 19th my order arrived…that is the day my life changed…forever I’m sure.

I haven’t smoked an analog cigarette since December 20th. Within 2 days the most notable, and most wonderful benefit became apparent…I could breathe again. Over these 2 weeks, I have completely eliminated the use of my Albuterol & Advair inhalers. I can take deep breaths without coughing or wheezing. I can climb steps again without feeling like I was going to pass out. I actually feel like I could run a marathon, although I’m sure I can’t. While on the subject of health benefits…for some reason (that I don’t understand), my typically unsettled stomach seems to be completely calm for the first time in years. I taste things that I haven’t “really” tasted in a very long time.

The additional side effects have been the happy response and reaction of my friends and family. They are not only pleased that I’ve made a successful transition from smoking; they are thrilled that they don’t have to smell the stench when I walk into a room. I’m sure my pets feel the same as they want to be around me all the time now.

I don’t miss the smell, ashes floating everywhere, the ugly sight of ashtrays and cigarette butts. I can’t wait to paint my condo & clean the carpets & upholstery to eradicate my home from the residual cigarette stench.

So to sum it up…I don’t stink, my family, friends & pets like me more, I can enjoy the flavors of food, best of all…I can breathe!

Thanks Volcano!! Luv ya :P
Last edited by Jazzie on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jazzie
Volcano Legend

Postby DoubleC » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:13 am

How has Volcano changed my Life

I smoked a pack of analog cigarettes, on and off, for the past 10 years. I had research electronic cigarettes about a year ago and dismissed them as a fad or a convenience. I woke up one day and said to myself, "I want to stop smoking." The problem with that statement was - I wanted to stop smoking the tar and the four thousand chemicals found in an analog cigarette and not the oral fixation I got from smoking. As I ramped up my quest for the perfect analog replacement, I bought a 510. While this particular product worked as advertised, it was lacking. I came across Volcano while searching the internet one day. After lurking in the forums for a few days I decided to purchase a deluxe kit. I loved the idea of having a “pack”, that I could take with me and charge on the go, and that they actually looked like "real" analogs (I started with a white kit).

Since I received my Volcano kit, I have not touched an analog and have not even had an urge! I have started to regain my smell, taste, and breathing function. It is funny, while you are smoking analogs you do not even realize how bad your sense of smell and taste have diminished.

With Volcano’s product support and customer service, I will always be a Volcano customer and I cannot wait to see the new products you have in the works. Thank you for saying my life!

EDIT:

Another thing that PVs have done for me: I now have a new hobby. I love to mix new flavors and create my own custom eLiquids. I feel like a mad scientist.
Who said Ohio does not have Volcanoes?
If you are from Ohio, add this to your signature and represent!
DoubleC
Volcano God

Postby Joe Volcano » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:46 am

Wow,
These are great tearful stories!!! I am so happy for you all!!! I will have your passthroughs shipped first thing in the morning. Thank you so much!! 5 more to go!!
Joe Volcano
Kamooali'i

Postby Jazzie » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:16 am

Joe Volcano wrote:Wow,
These are great tearful stories!!! I am so happy for you all!!! I will have your passthroughs shipped first thing in the morning. Thank you so much!! 5 more to go!!

Thanks that will be great...I could have actually gone on & on, but I'm trying to edit myself a little :D

Question tho...I don't see these in the store...are they available for sale yet? I am sooo excited about getting this, I'm at my computer "forever" every day, this will save me endless battery charges/changes...I want to let me friends know, too, as soon as they can buy them.

XOXOX
Last edited by Jazzie on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jazzie
Volcano Legend

Postby kprimas » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:22 am

I grew up in a family of all smokers and i hated it. Growing up i swore that id never start smoking. It's funny how passionate you are about things when your younger, not taking into account things in life that can happen that can totally rearrange the way you think and feel. I'm 23 and actually still relatively new to smoking in general. I've only been smoking for about 4 years, but it doesn't take long to get hooked.

All it took was one thing to make me start, and until now what seemed like a lifetime to help me stop. Until i purchased Volcano Ciggs I was only at about a pack per 2 days, but that was enough. Waking up out of breath, feeling like i was having a heart attack is something i will never miss. At 23 i shouldn't have to feel this way. Then one day, while working in a call center, i received a call. I remarked to the person on the phone that i needed a cigarette, to which their reply was "have you ever tried an electric cigarette?" Obviously never having heard it told them no and they explained how it worked and how it helped them. I immediately started researching, finding out all the information i could before investing in another failed attempt at quitting. So about 6 months later i was talking to a friend who had also heard about electric cigarettes and was going to order from a site called VolcanoCigs.com. Of course, I went to the site and it brought me to the last place i would ever need to look for my way out. I ordered them as soon as i could and ever since, regular cigarettes are a thing of the past. As well as fatigue, shortness of breath, smelling like an ashtray, standing in cold weather for 1 drag, and all the other things that i look at now and say "i cant believe i went through all that for something that was one day bound to put me in a grave."

Now with my E-Cig i can stand inside and watch the people outside freeze. Everytime someone asks about them, i give the complete rundown and direct them right here.

I want to thank VolcanoCigs for not only making a product that succeeded where so many before it have failed, but to also make it affordable for people whose income cant afford the 150$ starter kits that some websites sell.

For those of you out there who doubt this product, DONT. Take a chance, life's about taking chances. If you really want quit then do yourself this favor. Your body will thank you for it, and im sure you will be glad you did it.
kprimas
Volcano Menehune

Postby Joe Volcano » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:41 am

Jazzie wrote:
Joe Volcano wrote:Wow,

Thanks that will be great...I could have actually gone on & on, but I'm trying to edit myself a little :D

Question tho...I don't see these in the store...are they available for sale yet? I am sooo excited about getting this, I'm at my computer "forever" every day, this will save me endless battery charges/changes...I want to let me friends know, too, as soon as they can buy them.

XOXOX

I have given passthroughs to a select few, the passthroughs will be on sale next week. So you are the first customers to receive them.
Joe Volcano
Kamooali'i

Postby HTHUTCH » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:44 am

I am 29 now. I have been a pack to pack and a half a day smoker since I was 18. Looking back at the past 11 years, it’s hard to recall many of the really memorable moments when a cigarette wasn’t hanging out of my mouth. My crew & I drank pretty heavily & a cigarette just seemed to go so well with it. That might be a bit beside the point.

Nevertheless, I came across Volcano as many of us did on the forum, because I’d waited 6 weeks for my Blu shipment to come through to no avail. But let me back track a little bit. My buddy had some how found out about the aforementioned e-cigarette and mentioned to me how he bought it… less than a week later (after I got paid), I placed my order. So, that went awry and here I am searching for a replacement before I cancelled my order with those other folks. I stumbled onto Volcano’s website, shot off an e-mail to Mr. Johnny Lava (… this was at like 2:00 in the morning mind you). I came into work the next day at 6:20 a.m. Lo & behold I’ve an e-mail from the fella I wrote not 4 hours prior… The fact that the response was so rapid prompted me to place an order as soon as they were back in stock, which was a few days later.

I received my order after 4 days and I can’t tell you how happy I was and am, still. I haven’t smoked an analogue cigarette since I got it over 40 days ago.

I now don’t have to worry about stinking like cigarettes around my 1 ½ year old daughter. I also hope to be around a little longer to enjoy her as she grows up. Quitting has never been easy. And it's still a struggle from time to time. But thankfully, with my trusty Volcano in-hand, it isn't as much as it could be. Thank you Volcano. I’m another in a long line of satisfied customers.
Last edited by HTHUTCH on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Thom
HTHUTCH
Volcano Menehune

Postby The Frogstar » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:17 am

Volcano fine electronic cigarettes have changed my life in a number of ways. First, I’m an athlete and smoking has always been detrimental to my performance. Second, I’m a musician and the same that can be said of my athletic abilities also branches into my music. Third, as a working professional photographer, smoking has hurt my business in the past.
As an endurance athlete, playing Ultimate Frisbee year round (Not a sport? I sprint for a miler per game, average) and have noticed large improvements in speed and endurance during the periods where I’ve managed to quit smoking. Since picking up my Volcano e-cig, I’ve noticed a performance boost without having to fight a nicotine addiction, which I am sure many of you know is a big pain. In a cardio test, my heart rate was down and my lung capacity has gone up.
As a trumpet player, breathing is essential to maintain both tone and phrasing. As noted above, my lung capacity has increased and I’m now enjoying a fuller sound and being able to finish any phrase (even the particularly fast and long parts) without trouble. In the past I’ve dealt with the physical limitations smoking has imparted on me by simply circular breathing, which took me the better part of two years to fully master. It’s nice to finally be able to relax and enjoy my music making without worry due to smoking.
As a wedding photographer, taking smoke breaks takes me away from the action and on occasion I’ll miss candid moments. Never again, thanks to Volcano. I can simply sit and hang out with the wedding party while I vape and toss it into my jacket if something happens without fear of burns. The smell has also offended clients at certain points and I think makes me seem less professional.
I respect smokers, as it’s their life decision to continue or quit. I was facing an ultimatum and noticing a decline in my quality of life because of it. Thanks to Volcano, I can now enjoy my life without discomfort and continuing a ritual and act I find relaxing and enjoy. Thank you Volcano.

Did I make it?
The Frogstar
Volcano Ali'i

Postby HTHUTCH » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Pyroclastic Ash wrote:This will be the first of many Volcano Quick Contests.
Quick Contests won't last very long, as the first X amount of people to submit, will win the prizes.

Volcano Writing Contest Rules

Be a registered member on the Volcano Forums

Write an essay about how Electronic Cigarettes have changed your life.

Make it at least 200 words

The first seven entries, that meet the requirements above will win a Volcano Pass Through!

Good luck, and we look forward to reading the entries.

By the way, this is a really nice way to bring in the New Year, guys!!! You always bring your A-game. Likewise, what a cool way to start your new job, Thelvyn!!! - To be the catalyst that delivers such a contest...

I also want to say that there's a lot more to say about how Volcano has changed me in the past 45 days & while I tend to be more of a lurker, I hope you guys know how truly thankful I am for you & the product you provide (just to be redundant - again...).
-Thom
HTHUTCH
Volcano Menehune

Next

Return to Volcano Quick Contests