It is currently Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:57 am

Wattage, Ohm, chart for LavaTube...

Share your knowledge! No questions in this section please.

Re: Wattage, Ohm, chart for LavaTube...

Postby timb » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:25 am

Heh... Welp, turns out one of the coils in my DCC had burnt out, which is why I was getting those results. :oops:

So, that's embarrassing. You were right Shado.

I guess my original point was, since each coil is actually double the rating you can set your mod higher than that of 1.5 ohms.
timb
Volcano Menehune

Postby Shado » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:54 am

No worries timb....it happens to all of us at one time or another.

However...in regards to setting a bit higher than 1.5.....yes...that is possible, only because the coils are not exactly 3.0 ohms apiece in a DCC, or any carto for that matter....there will be variances...so...by using a meter...one could be abel to use at a higher voltage.

Just test each carto/atty...and enjoy your preferred vape zen.... :thumbup:
- Dave - ...LAL...;)

~~NO Trolls ALLOWED!!!~~ ....Just move on down the road....

What the hell is a "Toot"? ~davej
I think it is the noise coming from Shado's Vape Train!! ~hnkjay
The Vape Train to Shado Zen!!!
Shado
Volcano Legend

Postby RockClimb » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:14 am

I had to catch up here a bit. Shado and Nitro are correct and the electrical engineer either misunderstood or was wrong. My guess would be he/she misunderstood. I made a decent living for 14 years as a low voltage DC electrical engineer.

DCC cartos are mainly for simulating higher voltage vaping on a lower voltage device. As nitro pointed out, the power is split between two coils and heating in two places. The same amount of power on one coil will not be the same as that power split between 2 coils.

When you are dealing with low ohm readings in a high amp DC circuit, most multimeters simply do not cut it if you are wanting extreamly accurate numbers. You need higher end gear for that, the type that is tested and calibrated on a regular basis. That includes ecigs with built in ohm readers. I have seen cheap meters vary as much as 0.5 ohms and ecig meters vary as much as 0.3 ohms (most are within 0.2) They will however get you close enough for vaping.

That said, there is NO single right voltage, ohm carto, liquid, or device in vaping, nor will there ever be. Everybody likes different things and has different tastes.

The key is and always will be finding what is right for each individual. That is why some people like low votage with a low ohm coil(s) and others like high voltage with higher ohm coil(s) and still others like high voltage with low ohm coil(s) and even a few who like low voltage and high ohm coil(s).
Some people need a sympathetic pat..... on the head..... with a really big hammer..... next to a very high cliff..... above really sharp spikes.
RockClimb
Magma God

Postby ripplemarc » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Does this chart apply still apply for the LT V2, or is it different now? if so how?

If it is very different, can one of the Volcano electrical experts (Shado, Rock, etc. - i'm looking at you guys!!! :wave: :D ) maybe make an updated version if you have time.

Thanks in advance.

ripplemarc
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Artist Boy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:17 pm

since the old LT was a 2.5amp limit and the new LT is a 3.0amp limit the maxs are a little higher. A 1.5ohm carto will now go up to 4.5v-4.8v.

Check out Field of Vapors video on the new Lavatube v2 he goes pretty in depth on the limits and such. I have it posted a few places here on the forum.
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Postby Shado » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:52 am

AB pretty much answered..... :thumbup:

The chart is simply a chart....if you know the amp limit of any device, be it 2 amps or 5 amps....the numbers will still give you any answer. Just look for the amp area on the chart and you can still see what other info you need to set up for your perfect vape. ;)
- Dave - ...LAL...;)

~~NO Trolls ALLOWED!!!~~ ....Just move on down the road....

What the hell is a "Toot"? ~davej
I think it is the noise coming from Shado's Vape Train!! ~hnkjay
The Vape Train to Shado Zen!!!
Shado
Volcano Legend

Postby alsafysh » Wed May 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Charts are useless when I always miss the LT being in stock!! :D

I looked over your charts and they are really useful. I was thinking of getting a straight pass-through (no battery) VV device and try some of your recommended settings with it since it's so cheap while I wait for LT...one day...be the LT of my dreams... :cry:
alsafysh
Volcano Ali'i

Postby Dominique » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:14 pm

As they say these days....there's an app for that. I use one called E-Liquid Calculator created by Alessandro Boggiano. It works from 1.3 to 5 ohms and voltage from 3.0 to 6. just move both slider bars and it will tell you the wattage. Or one could just grab a paper and pencil(old school) or calculator. The formula is E squared divided by R = W. (E = voltage, R = resistance, W = watts)
Dominique
Volcano Menehune

Wattage

Postby Miroslav1971 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Have a problem. Got my lava tube 2.5 around may 10, 2013 and never understand why I don't have a option to make my own settings on lava tube. Also can't get setting for variable wattage. Click on - and + wait 5 seconds and still nothing just setting for variable voltage and that all. Also click - and keep 15 seconds and nothing I can't see my setting. So this is very big problem for me and I don't know how to resolve the same. Have very big problems in puffin either is it new cartos in a tank or old one. Is this problem with My starter kit or something else?
Miroslav1971
Volcano Menehune

Postby Artist Boy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:07 pm

your issue is not in the device about the not having VW.... (well it kinda is) since you bought it back in May you have the Lavatube 2.0, not the 2.5. The 2.0 does not have the VW option. The 2.5 did not come out till Sept. (new-lavatube-stock-now-t11452.html)
"Relinquite omnem turbatio, vos qui intratis"
Artist Boy
Forum Admin

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks