It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:17 am

Wednesday web chat contest

Contests that come and go really quick.

Re: Wednesday web chat contest

Postby aznickelsun » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Artist Boy wrote:
aznickelsun wrote:Did they change the time on the Wednesday Nite chat???? i was late getting on last night 7:30 ish, asked about any "deals or promos" last night and was told I was too late..only good during the chat. Did I miss something???? Thought something was up when I saw only 25 peeps in the chat room.

chat is between 9pm and 10pm EST, the 25% off code is gone, each week they are gonna do something different for the code/deal/sale. Yesterday was a sale they ran it only for the hour that chat was on. Once chat was over so was the deal.

I knew that the 25% was gone and was going to see what "code/deal/sale was. I think it was around 7:30 Arizona time that I logged on...isn't that 9:30 EST???? Joe said it was over so I thought maybe times for Wed. chat had changed. No big deal I'll just chalk it up to old age .
aznickelsun
Volcano God

Postby ~Mary23 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Last night was the first chat I've missed since the Dec 23 one. I was really late to one once when we had power rolling black-outs...I hate missing chat! We had a service and a dinner to go to. Usually if I don't want to go to something on a Wednesday I claim I am "working", lol. Yeah, working to answer contest questions! Last night I had to go, 'twas important.

I hate I missed all the excitement, but congratulations, Joey!!! What fun, to win all three!!! That is so cool!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"There are two sides to reality. There is what is, and there is what people believe.
Seldom are they exactly the same."
-L.E. Modesitt, Jr.
~Mary23
Volcano Legend

Postby thevapinggun » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:56 pm

aznickelsun wrote:
Artist Boy wrote:
aznickelsun wrote:Did they change the time on the Wednesday Nite chat???? i was late getting on last night 7:30 ish, asked about any "deals or promos" last night and was told I was too late..only good during the chat. Did I miss something???? Thought something was up when I saw only 25 peeps in the chat room.

chat is between 9pm and 10pm EST, the 25% off code is gone, each week they are gonna do something different for the code/deal/sale. Yesterday was a sale they ran it only for the hour that chat was on. Once chat was over so was the deal.

I knew that the 25% was gone and was going to see what "code/deal/sale was. I think it was around 7:30 Arizona time that I logged on...isn't that 9:30 EST???? Joe said it was over so I thought maybe times for Wed. chat had changed. No big deal I'll just chalk it up to old age .

IIRC arizona doesn't have daylight savings time, so maybe that was the problem?
---Kraig---
Volcano saved my life. JuiceBlaster made it worth living
I vape my own Bacon (with jalapeno)

thevapinggun
Magma God

Postby RebelAir » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Back to the OP, the rules are fair to everyone - Be at chat, answer the question first. Each sponsor can set additional rules, like Volcano's one win per 4 weeks. If they start adding rules to disqualify them from one contest simply because they won a different contest, then maybe we should further even the playing field and state that only people on dial-up modems can qualify since they are at an inherent disadvantage when it comes to Googling the answer. Or perhaps open it up to everybody that can't make chat for one reason or another (such as at work hiding behind a firewall).

The rules are there, they were followed, and the winner was fairly chosen.

And, BTW Joey, Congratulations on your sweep! Don't lay low because you won fairly.
RebelAir
Volcano God

Postby undercover4ever » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:32 pm

No I wasn't blaming any one. It was my first post and just an idea to throw out. I'm glad Joey won. I have no problem with that. Just want it to fair for those who are a bit slower getting the answer and let them have a chance to win some thing. Happy Easter every one.
undercover4ever
Volcano Menehune

Postby RebelVapor » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:47 pm

JoeyTheMadScientist wrote:eh, i can say that will never ever happen to me again. got super lucky. that being said i am going to lay low from the contests - all of them - for a few weeks. unless something is so mind numbingly simple that i know it before the question is answered...

Yeh you PWND everyone on the contests wednesday, i was like "damn, that guy is on fire" :clap:
RebelVapor
Volcano God

Previous

Return to Volcano Quick Contests